As an authorised marriage celebrant with a passion for what I do, one of the services that gives me the greatest joy is conducting a Naming Ceremony.
A Naming Ceremony offers you, as parents, the opportunity to formally welcome and introduce your child to family and friends, and to bestow his/her given names in the context of a ceremony. It is a rite of passage not only for the baby, but also for you, the parents – an acknowledgment of the huge change in your lives, and of your ongoing responsibility and love for your child.
I have a flexible approach and am deeply committed to providing quality support and information to help you to find ideas that express the love and joy you feel for your child in a ceremony personalised and tailored in a way that is meaningful to you.
Do work commitments or children make appointments difficult?
If so, perhaps I can help by coming to you.
Naming Ceremony Type
What type of naming ceremony would best express your relationship with each other and your child/ children? For example:
- Informal & relaxed
- Formal & traditional
- that includes your other children
- ‘family unity’ segment, perhaps for a blended family
The naming ceremony may include:
- a candle lighting
- use of rose petals
- sand planting a tree
- your own unique design
Naming Ceremony Package
My Personalised Quality Naming Package includes (at no extra charge):
- Use of a PA system
- Two Manuals that contain creative ideas, readings and sample naming ceremonies to help you to create your child’s special ceremony
- Table with a tailored cloth and accessories
- One uniquely presented bound copy of your Naming Ceremony (extra copies may be purchased if required.)
- Complementary printed Naming Certificate
- Two complementary printed Godparent Certificates (extra copies may be purchased if required)
- Hurricane globes in which to protect lit candles if you are incorporating candle lighting in your ceremony
- Other helpful information that can help eliminate stress and allow you to have more fun organising your Naming Day.
A selection of Certificates are available for purchase should you be interested in presenting a certificate to:
- Big Sister
- Big Brother
Coloured sand and clear bottles may be purchased from me if you are incorporating a sand segment in your ceremony.